Nominations are being sought for the position of a Chairperson of the Irish Sea Maritime Forum to hold the position from September 2015 to August 2017. The position is open to a representative from any organisation with an interest in the Irish Sea or may be an individual who has the expertise and time available to fulfil the role.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- A high profile in the Irish Sea region; able to champion the Irish Sea Maritime Forum and its work regionally, nationally and internationally;
- Leadership to drive the strategic direction of the Forum, including the Forum’s Business Plan, and to encourage engagement of other organisations with the Forum;
- Commitment to the Forum’s vision and ongoing programme of work;
- Willingness to support, guide and discuss relevant issues with the Irish Sea Maritime Forum secretariat on an ad hoc basis as necessary;
- The support of their employer for taking on this role and the cost, time and work commitments necessitated by it.
If you are interested in standing for Chair, or know someone who may be suitable for the position, please see the more detailed role description and nomination form HERE.
Nominations for the role of Chair must be received no later than 31st July 2015.
Once nominated, all proposed/seconded nominees will be contacted and asked if they are willing for their names to be put forward. They will be asked to supply a 1 page synopsis of relevant experience and what they feel they can bring to the Forum and this information will be circulated to members of the Steering Group for consideration. The election will then take place electronically under a system of one vote per organisation represented on the Steering Group.